159. Bouncing Back: Learning from Failure
About this Podcast
Ep. 159 – Inevitably at some point we will fail, but that is part of pursuing new opportunities. The important part is that we take the time to learn from our failures so that we can grow as leaders.
As a first-time manager back in 2011 and now as a coach, trainer, and podcast host, I have experienced my fair share of failures. But I try to look for and use the challenges to learn and improve. I never would have made it this far in my career if I didn’t embrace my failures and learn from them.
In this episode of The Manager Track podcast, I’m going to share four tips that will help you prepare for, process, and ultimately turn failure into something that is a catalyst for growth. As you get accustomed to using these four tips, you may even find yourself seeking out ways to fail faster so that you can go further in your career.
share this story
- Moral letters to Lucilius by Seneca – Letter 53: On the faults of the spirit
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
- Have a question or topic you’d like Ramona to address on a future episode? Fill out this form to submit it for her review: https://ramonashaw.com/ama
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @ramona.shaw.leadership or DM me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/ramona-shaw
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for: ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.
06:33 Four Steps To Learn From Failures
06:50 1) To Prepare
11:45 2) To Own It
13:46 3) To Reflect
17:49 4) To Act & Grow