169. Dual Models
About this Podcast
Ep. 169 – Traditional models of leadership are often presented as cookie-cutter frameworks, but the reality is that true leadership isn’t so clear-cut. In fact, the best way to lead lies within the gray zone, the middle ground along the spectrum of two different leadership models.
The key realization for leaders is that there is no single “right” way to lead. It’s about finding a give-and-take, striking a balance, and recognizing the spectrum of approaches that may be needed depending on the situation.
In this episode, we will explore four common dual models of leadership that are important to consider. By understanding and embracing these models, you’ll be equipped to recognize which situations call for a shift to the left or to the right on the spectrum, while staying true to your authentic leadership style.
share this story
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
- Have a question or topic you’d like Ramona to address on a future episode? Fill out this form to submit it for her review: https://ramonashaw.com/ama
- Episode 53: How Not To Micromanage
- Episode 69: Why Coach When Giving Advice Is So Much Easier?
- Episode 147: Second-Guessing Ourselves & Decision Hangover
- Episode 153: The Micromanaging Dilemma: Balancing Control and Trust
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @ramona.shaw.leadership or DM me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/ramona-shaw
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for: ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.