147. Second Guessing Ourselves and Decision Hangover
About this Podcast
Ep. 147 –
Have you second-guessed a decision you made earlier today or earlier this week?
If you’ve ever been in a situation where you made a decision or chose to do or not do something… it is likely that you have found yourself ruminating over whether or not you made the right choice.
For many of my clients, this kind of second-guessing can lead to feelings of overwhelm or turn into hours of unproductive and distracted work.
If you experience this somewhat regularly or are well aware of what ‘decision hangover’ feels like, then it’s important to recognize the signs so that you can take steps to address it and move forward with confidence.
In this episode of the Manager Track podcast, I am going to share three tips that will help you overcome self-doubt, mitigate decision hangovers, and avoid falling victim to your own mind.
share this story
- “What happened, happened and couldn’t have happened in any other way… because it didn’t.” – Peter Crone
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
- Have a question or topic you’d like Ramona to address on a future episode? Fill out this form to submit it for her review: https://ramonashaw.com/ama
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @ramona.shaw.leadership or DM me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/ramona-shaw
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for: ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.
01:05 Did I Make The Right Decision?
06:06 Three Tips To Overcome Self-Doubt
06:17 Get Clear On What You Base Your Decisions On
11:48 Separate Your Feelings From Others
15:40 Embrace “As Is” Decisions Instead Of “Win-Lose”