“Can I Be Friends With My Direct Reports?” This is a question I often get asked when I do management trainings in organizations.
I’d love to say YES but my answer is NO on this one and I’ll explain why in this episode.
– YOU’LL WALK AWAY KNOWING –
- The reason why I encourage you to set clear boundaries
- The issue with “perceived” favoritism and why that’s important
- How friendships with direct reports could create conflicts of interest
- And how to address this topic proactively with the direct reports you have friendships with at work