162. 4 Areas of Leadership to Develop
About this Podcast
Ep. 162 – If you’ve been leading people for a while then you’ve been through some ups and downs as a manager.
And you know that to expand your scope of impact and influence in your career, you need to continuously and consistently strengthen your ability to lead yourself and others.
- having clear processes to hire, develop, and retain top talent,
- practicing behaviors that foster high-trust relationships up and down the organization,
- knowing how to make high-quality decisions even when under pressure,
- continuously aligning your vision with the goals and making sure your team clearly knows what to do by when,
- leading and supporting your team so everyone is ready to take ownership, and acts cohesively, even when working in a hybrid or remote set-up,
- managing your time so you invest in what matters most and take care of your well-being, while your team still gets what they need from you,
- and the list goes on!
For mid-level managers, there are 4 critical aspects of leadership to consider and to keep pushing forward.
- Self Leadership
- Leading a Direct Report
- Leading a Team
- Leading Up & Across
In this episode of The Manager Track podcast, we will chat about these 4 aspects that makes up your distinctive and personal leadership DNA!
Watch it on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/AmoSoMi8i-E
share this story
- Take the next step in your leadership journey by signing up for my Leadership Accelerator Program for new managers or Leadership Advisory Program for mid-level leaders.
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
- Have a question or topic you’d like Ramona to address on a future episode? Fill out this form to submit it for her review: https://ramonashaw.com/ama
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @ramona.shaw.leadership or DM me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/ramona-shaw
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for: ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.
02:20 Skills for People Leadership and Managing a Team
08:49 Four Areas of Leadership
09:52 1. Self Leadership
10:37 2. Leading a direct report
11:27 3. Leading a team
13:04 4. Leading up & across
15:06 Recap & Reflection Questions