Ep. 142 –
Chances are high that you’ve heard the buzz about ChatGPT. The discussions about this newly released AI tool has spread like wildfire on social media and beyond. So for this episode of The Manager Track podcast, I decided to share 8 common tasks that you could begin streamlining in the new year using ChatGPT (or other AI tools for that matter).
Yes, some of these tasks might have taken me an hour to complete on my own but can now be done in 15 minutes or less.
was released in late November 2022 by the startup OpenAI. The chatbot uses machine learning to come up with unique responses to the questions that you ask it. You interact with it in a conversational way, which makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions and provide specific answers to very targeted questions or prompts you pose.
But in my humble opinion, this is just the beginning of the exponential increase in businesses leveraging AI to perform tasks currently done by or heavily supported by humans. As such, I am really interested in seeing how AI will evolve and influence the workplace in the coming years. I’d love to hear from you about tasks you are streamlining with ChatGPT or if you have come across any other resources I should know about. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
— RESOURCES MENTIONED —
- Got any leadership-related questions for me? Let me know what’s top of mind for you and what topics you want to learn about by filling out our short
- Take the next step in your leadership journey by signing up for my Leadership Accelerator for new manager or
- Set yourself up for success in 2023! Grab the Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/product/a-career-journal
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
— OTHER EPISODES YOU MIGHT LIKE —
— WHAT’S NEXT? —
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for –> ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes
and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost for you.
— CHAPTERS —
01:06 New Year Self Reflection
02:06 Podcast Update: Format, Survey, Resources
06:16 What is ChatGPT?
11:04 How shouldn’t I use it?
14:07 #1 Job Descriptions
15:20 #2 Formal Emails
15:56 #3 Automated Email Sequences
16:37 #4 Presentation Headlines
17:23 #5 Shorten Text
17:57 #6 Performance Review Structures
18:54 #7 Meeting Agendas
19:22 #8 Topic Research