156. Beyond Busy: Digging into the Real Reasons for Time Management Struggles
About this Podcast
Ep. 156 – Struggles with time management are not rooted in a lack of knowledge, information, or any kind of perfect secret strategy.
You have already taken the courses, listened to podcasts, read books, and with all of this newfound knowledge you can still struggle with time management if you don’t first uncover and address the underlying causes. It is the lack of implementation that causes this frustrating cycle to continue and its effect goes beyond the workplace, overflowing into your personal life.
Even if you don’t personally struggle with time management, it could be a serious struggle for your team members which makes it hard for them to stay focused, think strategically, deliver within deadlines, and create a healthy work-life balance.
In this episode of The Manager Track podcast, I will share some common underlying reasons for these time management struggles, how you can identify the root causes that are specifically holding you back, and the tools I love using, along with self-reflection questions that will help your whole team improve and master project management.
share this story
- RACI Matrix Exercise – Example of how to use the chart to improve your team’s project management.
- Learn how to turn your 1-on-1 meetings from time wasters, awkward moments, status updates, or non-existent into your most important and valuable meeting with your directs all week. Access the course and resources here: ramonashaw.com/11
- Have a question or topic you’d like Ramona to address on a future episode? Fill out this form to submit it for her review: https://ramonashaw.com/ama
Grab your copy of Ramona’s best-selling new book ‘The Confident & Competent New Manager: How to Rapidly Rise to Success in Your First Leadership Role’: amzn.to/3TuOdcP
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me @ramona.shaw.leadership or DM me on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/ramona-shaw
Are you in your first manager role and don’t want to mess it up? Watch our FREE Masterclass and discover the 4 shifts to become a leader people love to work for: ramonashaw.com/masterclass
Don’t forget to invest time each week to increase your self-awareness, celebrate your wins, and learn from your mistakes. Your career grows only to the extent that you grow. Grab your Career Journal with leadership exercises and weekly reflections here: ramonashaw.com/shop
Love the podcast and haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to ramonashaw.com/itunes and give your honest review. Thanks for your support of this show!
* Disclaimer: Shownotes may contain affiliate links. That means that I am awarded a small commission for purchases made through them, at no added cost to you.
04:23 Examples of underlying reasons
14:11 Identifying your underlying pattern
15:59 RACI Matrix Exercise
19:22 Questions to ponder