When it comes to getting ahead you need more than a manager and a mentor; you need someone who advocates for you when you’re not in the room. That takes someone who believes in you, cares about you, and has a level of influence to make things happen.
Find out how you can secure support from a sponsor at work.
– BY THE END OF THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL KNOW–
- The two only factors that influence your chances for promotions and salary pumps
- The difference between a mentor and a sponsor
- Why a sponsor is an important factor in getting ahead
- How to identify your ideal sponsor
- The 3 steps to influence and nurture your relationship with a sponsor
And much more!
– RESOURCES MENTIONED –
Leadership Accelerator: https://www.ramonashaw.com/leadership-accelerator
PayScale survey: https://www.payscale.com/data/mentorship-sponsorship-benefits
Carla Harris’ Ted Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/carla_harris_how_to_find_the_person_who_can_help_you_get_ahead_at_work